Saturday, August 6, 2011
9:20 PM | Posted by Keya
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken
- breast halves, butterflied or pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 toasted buns, split
Preheat cast iron skillet over high heat on top of stove. Dredge chicken in Cajun seasoning. Place
small amount of butter in skillet and place seasoned chicken breasts in skillet. Cook until
seasoning is black, then turn and cook until done.
Serve on toasted bun with your favorite sandwich toppings.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
12:15 AM | Posted by Keya
- Two small loaves French bread
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, grilled
- 12 pieces bacon, fried crisp
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 12 small, crisp lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or blue cheese, softened
Combine ingredients until mixed well.
To assemble sandwiches: Slice the bread into 24 thin slices; toast the bread lightly on both sides.
Spread the inside of each piece of bread with sandwich dressing. Cut the grilled chicken breast
into diagonal pieces to fit the small bread rounds. Top 12 pieces of bread and dressing with
chicken, bacon pieces, avocado slices and lettuce. Top with remaining bread that has been
spread with dressing.
Serve at once or cover with clean, dry lettuce leaves to keep moist.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
5:23 AM | Posted by Keya
- Brew Sauce
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, 1/2-inch slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 crusty white or whole wheat rolls, split
In 1-cup glass measure, combine ingredients. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until
bubbly; set aside.
Shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place onion slices on grid over medium, ashcovered
coals. Grill onions, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add patties; continue to grill, uncovered, 1 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender and burger
centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally. Season burgers with salt after turning, if desired.
Approximately 2 minutes before burgers are done, brush generously with sauce mixture; top with
Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce. Top each with burger, grilled onion and sauce. Close